Thứ Ba, 9 tháng 7, 2019

William T. Green in North Carolina

Mr.Green was fighting a small derby and had a little grey of some breeding that I dont know well Sweater asked him why he was trying to save him and Mr.Green said he wanted to see more about him. Well suprised by this Sweater said William dont try to save that rooster come by my house next week and I will give you some real grey fowl. Well Mr.Green who worked for Norris Barnes at the time told Norris this and they just couldnt wait they went right over to Sweaters place and Sweater had two grey cocks and a few hens he told Mr.Green these are the last ones left pure no one else has them he said people think they have them but they dont. He gave Mr.Green a cock and hen that where half brother and sister.
That is the history to the best of my memory told to me by my dear friend and hero Mr.William T. Green. The greys are super inbred these days and it really hard to get one over 4.10Ib but I still love them more then ever they are beautiful. Here is a photo of one of my brood cocks. Just so ya know I dont sell any I just keep some for myself to show at a few poultry shows from time to time.
oh almost forgot they are 100% green legged and Straight comb dont let anyone tell you any diffrent thats the way they have been for 100 years. They Come this way as in picture also some can come with a little dirty looking grey in there neck and back. Some can even come like the joe redman grey color some people call this chocolate. Hens come silver robin breasted or buff (buttermilk) I have also had them come Barred like a silver redquil or the Joe redman color. I dont claim to know everything about them but we have had them for 30 years. Please maybe more people could share some photos and storys maybe I could learn even more about them or about there creation.
Well to me they are the best grey fowl in the world. They came from a guy by the last name of Gillman from England he had grey fowl that was known as gillman greys they where a white legged grey.He had one that was part grey and part some sort of pyle. that cock got sent to one of three men in U.S. John Madigan, Hanky Dean , and Dennis Mahoney they bread the cock to a Kerney Brown red hen some of the fowl came dark grey and some came light silver grey and dark legged and I think some came light legged grey. Well they fought through them all and discarded the dark greys because they had no ability. However the Silver greys and light legged ones where very good and I belive Madigin liked the green legged ones and Hankey dean got the light legged ones. 
Well as time went on Sweater Mcginnis went to work for Madigin and long story short Madigin gave him the pick of his fowl towards his death Sweater picked the little green legged greys saying he didnt want the clarets that had to be remade every few years he wanted the little inbreed greys that where game to the core.
That is the same grey blood that made up the Blueface Hatch also but thats anouther story. Back to the greys Sweater fought those little greys for years and years his favorite cross being Leiper/Blueface/grey which is what he was handling when he past away at boxwood pit. But I am getting ahead of myself, Sweater met a man Named William T. Green in North Carolina

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét